ARCHICAD Basics | Starting a Project
January 18 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am PST
PREMIUM MEMBERS – Put your ARCHICAD skills on the fast track with this comprehensive ARCHICAD Basics training program. Designed to make you proficient in ARCHICAD, this online course includes five, two-hour live online lessons with an experienced instructor, a downloadable practice model, and access to recordings of the sessions in the event you miss one or just need to review what you’ve learned.
Appropriate for users of ARCHICAD and ARCHICAD Solo, the live sessions run on consecutive Thursday’s at 9am Pacific:
- Jan 18 : Starting a Project – Introduces Basic Concepts & Illustrates How to Get Started in ARCHICAD
- Jan 25 : Creating a BIM Model – Demonstrates the Most Efficient Methods for Setting Up a BIM Model
- Feb 1 : Q&A Open Forum – Now That You’ve Been Practicing More, This is a Chance to Have Anything Explained in Greater Detail
- Feb 8 : Adding Details to Your Model – Examines Methods for Creating Details That Unlock the Power of Your Model
- Feb 15 : Documenting Your Project – Explains How to Create Documents from Your Model & Shows How Efficiently They Work in Tandem
During this first lesson, you’ll explore ARCHICAD’s concepts and tools; review the basics for drafting and modeling; learn the steps for setting up a project; and discover how to navigate a project. You’ll have the chance to ask questions of the instructor at the end of the session.
ARCHICAD Basics is available to Premium Members of LEARNVIRTUAL.
Thomas Simmons, BIM Consultant & Coach, ARCHVISTA Consulting. Simmons is the Director of BIM at ARCHVISTA, Inc., a consulting company focused on the ARCHICAD implementation and project integration. He has extensive experience in BIM technology for building design, project management and construction. Through his work with architects, engineers and contractors he has a broad understanding of BIM with specific emphasis on its use to inform design decisions, increase efficiency in documents, produce more accurate cost estimates and facilitate construction coordination through a Virtual Design and Construction process.